Thursday, May 29, 2008

The fourth graders

I adore the new fourth graders moving up into fifth grade! They're so cute and they're not so shy to talk about things as the current fifth graders are. What happens between these ages that makes them so shy and sensitive towards themselves and others? They're always watching themselves and what the other girls are doing and I'm trying to find a way to break the current fifth graders habit so that they don't teach the in coming fourth graders the same thing. I think Bible studies are much more enjoyable this way- when they're not afraid of talking and speaking what's on their minds, then we can get somewhere.

One of the fifth grade boys mom also hung around for service, and she was so amazing! My sister and I couldn't stop talking to her. She has a very interesting and talented family. One of her sons played the drums for us and it totally blew me away- he was so good! I loved the way his younger brother responded towards him too, he said some thing like "that's no good, play another one- he can do better" but the whole time he had a smile on his face like he was proud of him. I like this family- they are an unexpected blessing that I thought I would never receive!

No comments: