Monday, May 5, 2008

SURF Girls BIble Study

So yesterday was our first meeting with the girls starting our bible study called Girls of Grace: Faith, Family, Friends and boys. It was a little nerve racking because I didn’t know if I was supposed to be expecting five girls or forty like the girls kick off that we did earlier. We had about fourteen which was a blessing of God because it was a happy medium. All I knew was that I want to bring these girls in a closer walk with God, I really have no idea how that’s going to happen but so far so good.

I had all the girls introduce themselves to each other. They had six questions they had to answer-and then I had them all write a letter to God. I had them write down psalm 116:1-2 and asked them to read it every morning. I want these girls to know they can call on God for all things. I wrote out a letter to God too, telling him I had no idea what I was doing but hopefully he’d keep showing me what I needed to do and say. One of our volunteers brought cookies and little bottles of water, which the girls loved! It was over all an exciting night, scary but over all good and surprising.

No comments: